King Starlite XL Utility is an economical cellular (closed cell) utility sheet made from select high-grade King Starboard recycled high-density polyethylene. It is ideal for boat parts, as an upholstery substrate, and in other behind-the-scenes applications where edges aren't visible. King Starlite XL Utility is up to 35% lighter in weight than King Starboard and it offers the same quality textured surface on both sides.
King Starlite XL Utility is specially formulated to withstand the rigors of harsh outdoor marine environments. It is UV-stabilized to resist damage and retain its beauty, even after years of direct sunlight. It does not splinter, crack, delaminate, rot, swell, or absorb water like traditional materials. Even under heavy foot traffic on yacht decks, it remains virtually maintenance-free. In addition, there is no need to stain or paint.
Fabricating and finishing King Starlite XL Utility is easy with standard woodworking tools. King Starlite XL Utility forms easily for smooth curves and bends. Since there is no grain pattern, parts can be cut from any part of the sheet, virtually eliminating waste (meaning greater economy versus wood).
Available in colors black, white, grey
Please expect 15 day delivery for this item.
King Starboard Specs, Grades & Applications -
King Starlite XL Utility sheets are up to 35% lighter in weight than regular King Starboard, and are made with the same textured surface and colors for a perfect match. Full sheet sizes are 60" wide and 96" long. Black and white are most readily available.
• Easy to fabricate and machine
• Extremely durable
• Flexes without breaking (unlike plywood or PVC foam products)
• Unique (closed-cell) cellular marine-grade sheet
• Weighs 30% less than traditional King Starboard
• Resistant to rotting, swelling, splintering and delaminate
• Environmentally stabilized for harsh sun and marine environments
• Resistant to odor, acid, alcohol and bases
• Easy to clean
• Proven on thousands of bats and yachts
• Matte-textured finish on both sides