Manufactured for marine use, Marine Board HDPE is a superior alternative to wood at a very economical price. While resistant to salt water, a wide range of chemicals and UV exposure, unlike other alternatives, Marine Board doesn’t splinter, crack, delaminate, rot, swell or absorb water. Even under heavy foot traffic on yacht decks, it remains virtually maintenance free.
The colors of Marine Board are integrated with the polymer, retaining color vibrancy and saving you time and money from needing to repaint. Marine Board is easily cut, routed, shaped and drilled using common standard woodworking and shop tools.
With a self-lubricating formula and a high sliding resistance alongside excellent long-term durability and weather resistance, Marine Board HDPE is an ideal marine plastic for a variety of applications including replacing wood, metal or laminate walkways, hatches, walkways, cabinetry and countertops as well as ship and boat components regularly exposed to harsh outdoor environments.
In addition to its resistance to marine and other outdoor conditions, Marine Board has a decorative, textured surface that does not show wear, dirt or scratches.
Interstate Plastics also carries King Starboard® HDPE Marine Board, the industry standard for extreme outdoor weather performance. Interstate Plastics provides Marine Board as a more economical version of Starboard®, without sacrificing material specifications or performance, and also offers varying grades of Marine Board plastic including King StarBoard®, King StarBoard® A/S, King StarBoard® XL, and King Starlite® XL Utility.
• Acid, odor, moisture, and mildew resistant
• Extremely easy to machine
• Excellent resistance to acids, alcohols and bases
• Excellent long term durability
• Great weather resistance
• Abrasion resistant
• Good flexibility and toughness
• Cost effective versus other marine solutions
• UV Stabilized, all-weather resistant
• FDA approved in certain grades
• High impact and tensile strength
• Excellent energy absorption
• Maintains decorative, textured surface
• Retains original color
• Will not show wear, dirt or scratches
• Gloss finish
• Easy to clean
King Starboard® Specs, Grades & Applications »