Verbatim’s PRIMALLOY™ Flexible 3D filament (welding rod), provided by Interstate Plastics, is a high performance, polyester based thermoplastic elastomer which consists of a mixture of crystalline aromatic polyester block (mainly PBT) and an uncrystalline polyether block (mainly poly-tetramethylene-ether-glycol). This mixture gives objects printed with PRIMALLOY™ unique flexibility without sacrificing durability. Objects printed with PRIMALLOY™ filament feature good mechanical strength, oil resistance, chemical resistance and flex-fatigue resistance. PRIMALLOY™ also offers excellent heat resistance as well as hardness stability within a wide temperature range.
With a diameter tolerance of 0.05mm, Verbatim PRIMALLOY™ 3D filaments ensure consistent feeding and stable prints, every time. All Verbatim 3D filaments feature a custom spool designed for strength and balance for uniform feeding. filaments are packaged in a vacuum-sealed bag, including desiccant, to promote longevity and prevent the introduction of moisture. Verbatim PRIMALLOY™ Flexible 3D Printing filaments are backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
- For best performance, use Polymide Tape with a heated build platform (40º - 50º C / 104º - 122º F)
- To prevent layer drooping, apply forced air cooling on object as it builds.
- To prevent feed jams, utilize slow print speeds (< 30 mm/s) and turn off retraction. Avoid excessive pressure in the pinch feeder.
- Not recommended for printers with significant distance between the pinch feeder and hot end (eg. >15mm).
- Diameter tolerance: 1.75 ± 0.05 mm
- Net weight: 1.10 lbs (0.50 kg)
- Spool diameter: 7.87 In (20.00 cm)
- Hub diameter: 4.02 In (10.20 cm)
- Process temperature 410-455° F / 210-235° C
- Spool depth: 2.64 In (6.70 cm)
- Hub hole diameter: 2.01 In (5.10 cm)
- Recommended storage temperature is -4 to 140° F / -20 to 60° C
[PDF] PRIMALLOY™ Flexible Filament Overview