Interstate Plastics has immediate openings for enthusiastic ambitious people looking to succeed in a fast paced growing industry.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for the positions listed below, or for any future openings that Interstate Plastics may have.
We support America’s Veterans!
Industrial Inside Sales Representative - Birmingham (Homewood), AL
Interstate Plastics is seeking a full-time, highly motivated Industrial Inside Sales Rep for our Birmingham office. We’ve been in business for 35 years selling industrial plastic and fabricated machine parts, and don’t plan on going anywhere soon!
Sell a broad line of industrial plastic materials across a large customer base, while providing a top notch customer service experience.
- Respond to customer inquiries via various mediums
- Develop and service a customer base of repeat customers
- Give price quotations for our products and services with a view to maximize margins
- Process and close customer transactions such as orders, quotes, returns, etc.
- Correspond with manufacturers and negotiate purchases as needed
- Industry training provided
- Industrial Sales experience
- Strong phone and computer skills required
- Must know basic math (decimal and fraction conversions)
- Outgoing and positive attitude
Opportunity to move to a lead role or outside sales in the future
This is a full-time position that offers an aggressive compensation package for true sales professionals. Comprehensive benefits package, with health insurance, 401k match, vacation, sick time, and holiday pay. Work hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Industrial Territory Sales Manager - Portland, OR
Plastic Machining Company, a sister company Interstate Plastics, a multi-state, plastics distributor and manufacturer, is hiring a full-time Industrial Territory Sales Manager for its Portland area office. We have been around for over 35 years. Come join our team!
The Industrial Territory Sales Manager is responsible for growing Plastic Machining Company/Interstate Plastic's customer base and developing ongoing, profitable relationships with customers, all the while continually maintaining a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentation skills are essential for this role.
• Perform presentations or demonstrations of company products and services to both current and prospective customers. .
• Provide application assistance by determining customer needs and supplying products that provide a solution.
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within current client base.
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Actively manage itinerary to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
• Use marketing data from applicable sales management software tools such as (CRM) to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
• Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
• University or college degree in Sales, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
• 5+ outside sales experience preferably in the industrial plastics distribution field. General industrial sales experience will also be considered.
• Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
• Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
• Good time and territory management skills.
• Frequent travel including overnight stays.
• Up to several hours of driving per day.
This is a full-time position that offers a comprehensive benefits package, with health insurance, vacation, sick time, and holiday pay.